It happened many times, when I need to search a document MOS/Metalink Oracle support, which I referred in past but unable to find now. So thought of writing a Master Note which will have all MOS/Oracle Metalink documents you should have it handy when working on Exadata. Hope you will find it useful too 🙂
- Exadata Database Machine and Exadata Storage Server Supported Versions (Doc ID 888828.1)
- Information Center: Oracle Exadata Database Machine (Doc ID 1306791.2)
- Oracle Exadata Best Practices (Doc ID 757552.1)
Data collection on Exadata:
- SRDC – Service Request Data Collection Catalog: All Products – Database – Exadata – EBS – Fusion – GBUs – JDE – MICROS – Middleware – Peoplesoft – Siebel – Sun Systems (Doc ID 1987484.2)
- Oracle Exadata Database Machine EXAchk (Doc ID 1070954.1)
- ExaWatcher Utility On Exadata and SuperCluster Compute and Storage Nodes (Doc ID 1617454.1)
- Oracle Exadata Diagnostic Information required for Disk Failures and some other Hardware issues (Doc ID 761868.1)
- How To Collect Sosreport on Oracle Linux (Doc ID 1500235.1)
- How to Collect sosreport under Rescue Mode (Doc ID 1928852.1)
- How to Upload Files to Oracle Support (Doc ID 1547088.2)
- How to run an ILOM Snapshot on a Sun/Oracle X86 System (Doc ID 1448069.1)
- How to shutdown the Exadata database nodes and storage cells in a rolling fashion so certain hardware tasks can be performed. (Doc ID 1539451.1)
- Steps to shut down or reboot an Exadata storage cell without affecting ASM (Doc ID 1188080.1)
- Steps To Shutdown/Startup The Exadata & RDBMS Services and Cell/Compute Nodes On An Exadata Configuration (Doc ID 1093890.1)
- How to Shutdown and Startup Exadata Compute Nodes and Storage Cells (including SuperCluster) When Performing Hardware Maintenance (X5 and later) (Doc ID 1982342.1)
GRID/ASM stuff on Exadata:
- ASM tools used by Support : KFOD, KFED, AMDU (Doc ID 1485597.1)
- How To Restore/Repair/Fix An Overwritten (KFBTYP_INVALID) ASM Disk Header (First 4K) 10.2.0.5, 188.8.131.52, 11.2 And Onwards (Doc ID 1088867.1)
- How To Gather & Backup ASM/ACFS Metadata In A Formatted Manner version 10.1, 10.2, 11.1, 11.2, 12.1, 12.2, 18.x and 19.x (Doc ID 470211.1)
- Exadata Database Machine : How to identify cell failgroups and Partner disks for a grid disk (Doc ID 1431697.1)
- Understanding ASM Capacity and Reservation of Free Space in Exadata (Doc ID 1551288.1)
- How to resize ASM disks in Exadata (Doc ID 1684112.1)
- Resizing Grid Disks in Exadata: Example of Recreating RECO Grid Disks in a Rolling Manner (Doc ID 1465230.1)
- How to Mount the Diskgroup After Failure of Mount Force Command in Exadata (Doc ID 1398580.1)
- How To Relink The Oracle Grid Infrastructure Standalone (Restart) Installation Or Oracle Grid Infrastructure RAC/Cluster Installation (11.2 to 18.c). (Doc ID 1536057.1)
- Oracle Linux: Shell Script to Calculate Values Recommended Linux HugePages / HugeTLB Configuration (Doc ID 401749.1)
- HugePages on Linux: What It Is… and What It Is Not… (Doc ID 361323.1)
- HugePages on Oracle Linux 64-bit (Doc ID 361468.1)
OS stuff on Exadata:
- Where / How to find OS crashcore file in Exadata Systems [Linux] (Doc ID 1389225.1)
- How to Configure “kdump” on Oracle Linux 5 (Doc ID 452067.1)
- How to Configure “kdump” on Oracle Linux 6 (Doc ID 1507025.1)
- How to Configure “kdump” on Oracle Linux 7 (Doc ID 2049919.1)
- How to trigger crash from ILOM (Doc ID 1514432.1)
- How to configure ssh equivalence from DB nodes to all CELL& IB nodes for root user (Doc ID 2323068.1)
- Bare Metal Restore Procedure for Compute Nodes on an Exadata Environment (Doc ID 1084360.1)
- How to change OS user password for Cell Node, Database Node , ILOM, KVM , Infiniband Switch , GigaBit Ethernet Switch and PDU on Exadata Database Machine (Doc ID 1291766.1)
- dbnodeupdate.sh and dbserver.patch.zip: Updating Exadata Database Server Software using the DBNodeUpdate Utility and patchmgr (Doc ID 1553103.1)
- How to recover from a failed Linux Exadata DB Server dbnodeupdate or rollback (Doc ID 1952372.1)
- Exadata Patching Overview and Patch Testing Guidelines (Doc ID 1262380.1)
- Exadata Smart Scan FAQ (Doc ID 1927934.1)
External software’s on Exadata:
- Installing Third Party Monitoring Tools in Exadata Environment (Doc ID 1157343.1)
- Installing Third Party Software On Exadata Components (Doc ID 1593827.1)
- Can We Install An Anti Virus Software On Exadata Compute Nodes? (Doc ID 1935746.1)
OEM for Exadata:
- Exadata System Software and Hardware Versions Supported by Oracle Enterprise Manager Plug-ins (Doc ID 1626579.1)
- Troubleshooting Exadata Database Machine Discovery in 12c Cloud Control (Doc ID 1448388.1)
- How to Regenerate a databasemachine.xml File for EM 12c or 13c Discovery of Exadata or SuperCluster (Doc ID 1684431.1)
Hope u will find this post very useful.
Categories: 12c, 19c, Administration, ASM, Exadata, Feature, GRID patching/upgrade, Installation, Linux, Monitoring, Operating System, Oracle 18c, RAC, Scripts, Upgrade
Like!! Thank you for publishing this awesome article.
Very interesting subject , appreciate it for posting.
I have been browsing on-line more than 3 hours these days, but I by no means found any interesting article like yours. It抯 beautiful worth sufficient for me. In my opinion, if all web owners and bloggers made excellent content material as you probably did, the internet shall be a lot more useful than ever before.
I like this post, enjoyed this one appreciate it for putting up.
I believe this site holds some rattling great information for everyone : D.
Very good post. I will be dealing with many of these issues as well..
Hello! I’m at work browsing your blog from my new iphone 3gs! Just wanted to say I love reading your blog and look forward to all your posts! Carry on the great work!
Good day! I could have sworn I’ve been to this blog before but after reading through some of the post I realized it’s new to me. Anyhow, I’m definitely happy I found it and I’ll be bookmarking and checking back frequently!
Useful info. Fortunate me I discovered your website by chance, and
I’m surprised why this twist of fate didn’t happened earlier!
I bookmarked it.
Excellent web site. Lots of helpful information here. I am sending it to several pals ans additionally sharing in delicious. And obviously, thanks on your sweat!
I simply wished to appreciate you all over again. I am not sure the things I might have accomplished without the actual tactics contributed by you directly on such a theme. It had become a real challenging setting for me, however , taking a look at the professional fashion you solved the issue made me to cry for joy. Now i’m thankful for the service and then hope that you find out what an amazing job you have been putting in training some other people thru your blog. I know that you haven’t got to know any of us.